• 5 cups flour
• 2 cups sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 2 Tbsp. baking powder
• 2 tsp. salt
• 1 cup solid vegetable shortening
• 1/2 cup butter
1. In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt.
2. Mix well until blended.
3. Cut in shortening and butter with pastry blender, two knives or your hands until the mixture resembles cornmeal and shortening and butter are evenly distributed.
4. Store in the refrigerator in a tightly covered container for up to 12 weeks.
5. When you want to make cookies, measure amount needed and let it come to room temperature before using.