Fried chicken is loved by all... There are many fried chicken recipes out there but nothing beats the recipe made by KFC. Try this recipe in your home and hear your love ones asking you for more!
KFC Fried Chicken Recipe
• 1 rounded tsp. Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), Optional
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
• 1/2 tsp. rubbed sage
• 1/2 tsp. onion salt
• 1/2 tsp. scant paprika
• 1 tsp. oregano
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1 Bay Leaf
• 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
• 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1. Place all ingredients in a plastic coating bag or mix thoroughly in a medium bowl.
2. To fry chicken, wet the pieces and pat dry. In a small bowl, place 1 cup milk mixed with 1 egg.
3. Dip each piece of chicken in the milk mixture and then into the coating mix.
4. If you are using a shaker bag, omit the milk mix and shake two pieces at a time to coat well.
5. Place the chicken in a deep-fry basket or if using a deep skillet in enough oil to cover the chicken pieces.
6. Fry at 400+ degrees F. until cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towels.
For extra krispy coating, dip in a mixture of 1 cup flour mixed with 1/2 cup corn meal or 1 cup crushed corn flakes.
Fried chicken is more delicious if eaten with a gravy. Here is the recipe:
KFC Fried Chicken Gravy Recipe
• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 can Campbell's chicken broth (plus 1 can of water)
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon MSG or Accent Flavor Enhancer
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. First make a roux by combining the oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of flour in a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the mixture for 20-30 minutes, stirring often, until it is a dark chocolate color.
2. Remove the roux from the heat, stir in the rest of the flour, and add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan; mix well.
3. Put the saucepan back over the heat, turn it up to medium and bring the gravy to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thick.
• Makes 3 cups.