One morning as I was going to make my cup of coffee, I found our sugar jar was invaded by black ants. It took me a while to get rid of them just to get a scoop of the sugar. What I did was I tap the body of the jar to make them get out...
Here are two recipes you can make in your home to get rid of ant problems:
Ant Killer Recipe No. 1
• 1 teaspoon boric Acid
• 6 tablespoons of sugar
• 2 cups of boiling hot water
1. Mix ingredients and pour over cotton balls.
2. Put mixture in used margarine containers with lids and poke holes about 1/8 inch from the bottom.
Note: Wait for a couple of days and notice the ants are gone. The ants will swarm into the container. Some of the ant will carry the mixture back to the colony, where it will kill other ants.
Ant Killer Recipe No. 2
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1 Package dry yeast
1. Stir ingredients together.
2. Use a few drops of this solution on a piece of cardboard or wood and place where you found the ants.
Warning: Don't use these homemade ant killer where children or animals can get into it. Place these homemade ant killers away from foods.
Tips to Remember
• Remember that ants can penetrate metal-threaded lids on glass jars. Seal these jars in zipper-lock plastic bags. Glass jars are immune from ants only when sealed with a rubber gasket.
• If the ants have invaded the kitchen garbage can, bring it outside, hose it down and wash it with dishwashing liquid and water.
• Seal all food items in your cupboards, especially sugar, honey, maple syrup, grains, cereals, cookies, jams and breads to avoid ant invasion.