A Coconut tree is considered "The Tree of Life". Every part of a Coconut Tree, from its roots, fruits, and leaves can be used in a variety of usage. Here is one of the many products that can be made out of its fruits alone, the natures natural health wonder "Virgin Coconut Oil".
The procedure presented here is the most natural way on how to make virgin coconut oil which does not require heating. Your will be sure that the oil you will get is the best quality and 100% pure.
Ingredients and Materials Needed:
• 3 Grated Matured Coconut with its natural water
• Cheese Cloth for squeezing the coconut
• Plastic containers
1. Mix the grated coconut and its natural water together.
2. With clean hands, gently mix them together to soften the coconut.
3. Place the cheese cloth on the palm of one hand and scoop on it a handful of the coconut mixture.
4. Wrap the coconut in the cheese cloth and wring the cloth to allow the coconut cream to flow out of the cloth. Be sure the container of the cream is very clean.
5. Do the wringing 25 times until all the creamy juice is squeezed out of the coconut.
6. Repeat the procedure for the rest of the coconut.
7. When all the coconut is squeezed, set aside the coconut. It can be used for macaroons or fertilizer.
8. You are now ready to filter the coconut cream. Place filtered cream in a shallow even container and cover for 48 hours. The oil will then begin to separate from the cream mixture. Through time there will be 3 layers. The oil, a watery mixture and a creamy mixture.
9. Before the 48th hour prepare the container of the oil. It should be one with a narrow opening where a filter can be fastened.
10. On the 48th hour, gently scoop out the oil and put in the prepared container that has a filter. Do the filtering 3 times. Then close tightly. The oil will not be clear white. When seen in the sunlight, oil will have a yellowish tint. This is its natural color and this ensures that the natural nutrients are there.
11. The water part of the original mixture can be fermented to become vinegar. The creamy mixture can be cooked on a pan to let more oil out. The oil can be used for frying or for the hair.
Storage: The virgin coconut oil can be stored in room temperature. Shelf life is 2 years.