Rubber band can be used in many applications. They can be used to hold a fair lady's hair. Can also be used to hold tight many things. Can be played in many ways. Now here, we will learn to make these fancy little elastic wonders.
• Pliatex Mold Rubber (available at art supply stores)
The main concern is to make sure that neither the vinegar nor the Pliatex splash into your eyes. Wearing safety glasses is a good way to be safe.
1. Pour some vinegar into a paper cup.
2. Pour some pliatex into a different paper cup.
3. Dip your finger into the vinegar up to the first joint.
4. After you take your finger out, make sure you let the vinegar drip off so you don't have too much on your finger.
5. Before the vinegar dries completely dip the same finger into the pliatex molding rubber.
6. Again let the excess (mold rubber this time) drip off your finger.
7. Now put the pliatex coated finger back into the vinegar - watch what happens.
8. After your finger has been in the vinegar for about 4 seconds you can take it out, letting the excess vinegar drip off.
9. Use a sharpened pencil to poke a hole in the top of the latex on your finger. (Kids should let their parents do this).
10. Roll the latex down your finger towards your hand
11. Slide your newly made rubber band off your finger.
12. It will be a rubber band right away, but it will get better if you let it sit for a while. Make a few more while you wait and then think of ways you can test the rubber bands you make with those you can buy.