Here is a White Bread recipe that is easy to prepare:
• 5 3/4 to 6 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 package dry active yeast
• 2 1/4 cups milk
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon shortening, butter, or margarine
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Combine 2 1/2 cups flour and the yeast in a large mixing bowl. Heat and stir milk, sugar, shortening, and salt until warm (120 to 130 degrees); butter will almost melt. Add to flour mixture and beat with electric mixer on low for thirty seconds (scrape bowl constantly). Beat on high three minutes more. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can with a spoon.
2. Turn dough onto lightly floured board and knead in remaining dough until smooth and elastic dough is formed (six to eight minutes). Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl. Turn once to grease dough surface. Cover and rise in warm place until double (approximately forty-five minutes).
3. Punch down dough and turn again onto floured surface. Divide into two even balls. Cover and let rest for ten minutes. Shape each dough half into bread loaves by patting or rolling.
4. Place dough loaves into greased bread pans (8 x 4 x 2). Cover and rise in warm place until double (about thirty to forty minutes). Bake in 375 degree oven 40 minutes or until done. Loaves can be covered with aluminum foil the last ten minutes of baking to prevent over browning if necessary.
5. Remove immediately from pans and cool on wire racks.