With dengue still a problem to most countries, many methods have been developed to control the mosquito population spreading the virus. Fogging is the most popular way but truth is, they only drive away mosquitos and not killing them. Here's one way I found that would help control the problem.
This is very easy and can be done at home.
1. First you find a plastic bottle.
2. Cut the bottle half way across.
3. Now you get one part of the bottle looks like a funnel.
4. Take the funnel like part and turn it upside down.
5. Push it inside the other half.
6. Now fill it with water.
7. Spread few regi foam pieces on water. [It's for mosquitos to sit on it and lay eggs.]
8. And finally keep it in a place where you suspect as a mosquito habitat.
The function of this device is very simple. After mosquitos have laid eggs, the eggs will go through to the bottom of the bottle [since they are high in dencity] but when the eggs hatched they should[must] come to the surface to breath. But they cant find the way because the funnel like part of the bottle act as a trap.
A very clever trap indeed.
Just always remember that being clean in our surroundings is always the best way to avoid dengue and other diseases.