Gold jewelry are dazzling and sparkling... and expensive too! But when authentic gold jewelry becomes dirty and dull, cleaning is required to restore its brilliant shine. Buying jewelry cleaner isn't necessary. Homemade gold jewelry cleaner is just as effective at cleaning and restoring the shine of beautiful gold jewelry. Below is a recipe you can make yourself.
This recipe makes a container of homemade gold jewelry cleaner comparable to cleaner sold in stores.
Materials and Ingredients:
• 1/2 quart of water
• 1/2 teaspoon of household ammonia
• 1/2 teaspoon of mild dish liquid
• soft toothbrush or another comparable brush with flexible bristles
• 1/2 quart-size container with a tight-fitting lid
• chamois cloth.
(Optionally you can place a small plastic handle basket in the container of homemade cleaner for easy removal after soaking.)
1. Combine the homemade solution in a container of your choice, and keep it covered when not in use. This homemade cleaner should last indefinitely when properly stored.
1. Place gold items in the homemade solution, and allow it to soak momentarily.
2. Brush it lightly, and pay careful attention to crevices and openings beneath gemstones where soap and debris typically collects.
3. Rinse it in cool water, and pat it dry with a clean soft cloth.
4. Finishing cleaning by polishing gently with a chamois cloth to restore the brilliant shine and lustrous beauty.