Valentine's Day is getting near. And to start our Valentine's celebration, heres a simple homemade Valentine's gift you can give to your special someone or display in your house.
• plain glass globe vase or ivy bowl
• glass votive holder to fit inside the vase
• candle to fit inside the votive
• decorative glass pebbles in red
1. Simply place the votive candle holder inside the glass globe and surround with red decorative glass pebbles.
2. When you light the candle, you'll find the candlelight is defused by the colored glass, casting a lovely warm reddish glow for Valentine's Day.
Make several candles as a centerpiece for your Valentine's Day dinner or leave one on the bathroom countertop as an invitation to indulge in a relaxing candlelit bath. If you place the candle on a highly polished or mirrored surface, like the one in the upper right photo, the effect of the candle is doubled in the reflection.
If you are using an ivy bowl with a fluted edge, consider adding a red satin ribbon around the neck of the bowl and tie in a bow. Or tie a few strands of raffia around the neck of the bowl and hot glue small silk rosebuds in the center of the raffia. For gift-giving, use a fragrant rose-scented candle and attach add a small gift card.