Personally, I like the taste of root beer. Sometimes I order root beer at any fastfood I eat into instead of the traditional soda drinks. Here is a great recipe on making a homemade root beer. Cheers!
• 1 (3 oz.) bottle root beer extract
• 4 lbs. sugar
• 4 gallons water
1. Combine sugar, root beer extract and 1 gallon warm water in 5 gallon tall cooler. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
2. Add 3 pounds block dry ice; this will cause mixture to bubble; add 2 gallons water and have lid ready to put on container. DO NOT put it on tight.
3. Let bubble for about 1/2 hour and add rest of water.
4. Root beer will bubble about 2 hours. When bubbling has stopped, root beer is ready to drink.
5. Put in gallon plastic jugs and cap.
Will keep in refrigerator for some time.